We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In the store I bought cucumber seeds "Blizzard f1". The seller really praised them 🙂 Is this variety so good?
The "Blizzard f1" cucumbers really deserve attention and have proven themselves in the Russian market among domestic vegetable growers. A new generation of self-pollinated hybrids ideally combines limited growth with high yields.
Hybrid "Blizzard" is included in the State Register of the Russian Federation for growing under film shelters, is ultra-mature: the average period from germination to harvest takes about 37-39 days.
The bushes are medium-sized, have an average degree of climbing and a good development of lateral shoots. The female type of flowering assumes a high yield regardless of the surrounding natural conditions. Ovaries of the bundle type, their number in the node is at least three.
The fruits are cylindrical, relatively short, with a length at the stage of technical maturity not more than 10-14 cm, with a tuberous surface. The diameter is 4.5 cm. The average weight is about 75 g. The pulp is tasty and juicy, completely bitter and without pronounced voids.
Advantages and disadvantages
The Biotechnika company sells the newest and most promising varieties, as well as hybrid forms, and the Blizzard hybrid is no exception:
- the plant is not affected by powdery mildew;
- very high tasting taste rating;
- visual appeal and excellent marketability;
- very early term of bearing fruiting;
- female type of flowering.
Among other things, a feature of this hybrid form is a very high yield, which under optimal cultivation conditions can be at least 15 kg per square meter of cucumber ridges.
- When cultivating "Vyuga" cucumbers in regions with fairly cool climatic conditions, it is recommended to use the seedling method of cultivation, in which the prepared seeds are sown in individual peat containers with dimensions of 8 x 8 cm.
- The soil for cultivation should consist of two parts of humus, one part of soddy soil and one part of sand. Sowing is carried out to a depth of 1.5-2 cm.
- Temperature indicators of air and soil should be in the range of 20-22 ° C. It is very important to monitor the moisture of the soil, preventing its excessive moisture or overdrying.
- At the initial stage of the growing season, it is advisable to carry out a couple of dressings with full-fledged mineral fertilizer with a predominant amount of nitrogen-containing substances.
It is very important to draw up the correct schedule of watering and feeding. When grown in open ground, the frequency of irrigation measures will depend on the amount and amount of rain. In greenhouses, watering is done in about a day. Only warm water is used for irrigation. The plant is responsive to the introduction of organic matter in the form of manure, humus and bird droppings, as well as wood ash.
Most often, one can observe positive reviews about the "Blizzard" hybrid, which characterize the plant as having a very weak regrowth of the side shoots, especially on the lower tier.
Despite the declared qualities, according to vegetable growers, cucumbers of this variety are unsuitable for salting and, when preserved, become soft and tasteless like grass. However, such a disadvantage is offset by the friendly and abundant productivity of greenhouses, which are great for fresh consumption.